Elizabeth brought some delicious raspberry bars to playgroup last time. Here is the fantastic recipe!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed, brown sugar (I used Splenda brownsugar)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats, uncooked
1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
* Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixeruntil creamy
* Gradually add sugar, beating well.
* Combine flour and next 3 ingredients
* Add to butter mixture mixing well.
* Press half of crumb mixture into a greased 13X9 inch pan.
* Spread raspberry preserves over crumb mixture.
* Sprinkle remaining half of crumb mixture over preserves.
* Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
* Cool on wire rack
* Cut into bars.
Yield 32 delicious bars.